Summer Time Potato Salad is my go-to recipe for BBQ’s in the summer! Super simple to make and pairs perfectly with grilled hot dogs, Slow-Cooker BBQ turkey, and a nice, juicy steak!
1 ¼ lb. red potatoes
4 strips thick sliced bacon, cooked crispy, and chopped
3 Tbsp shallot, minced (or you can use white onion)
3/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black or white pepper
3-4 oz. bleu cheese or Roquefort, crumbled
¼ cup scallions, chopped
- Wash the red skinned potatoes and chop them into bite-sized chunks. Leave those skins on!
- Boil the chunked potatoes till they are fork tender. When they are done, rinse them under cold water until cooled to the touch.
- While the potatoes are boiling, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Place the bacon on some paper towels to soak up the grease.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the shallot, sour cream, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper until well-combined.
- When the potatoes are cool to the touch, toss them with the dressing.
- Mix in the bleu cheese or Roquefort, top with the bacon and scallions.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- If you are serving this outside, have a larger bowl with ice in it ready. Place the bowl of potato salad on top of the ice. This should work for about 30-45 minutes. Then be sure to pop any leftovers into a cooler or back in the fridge!